Raising Money for
MRF and AMD ANNOUNCE JOINT 2017 REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The Migraine Research Foundation (MRF) and the Association of Migraine Disorders (AMD) announce the opening of a joint Request for Proposals for migraine research grants. MRF is committed to discovering the causes, improving the treatments, and finding a cure, and AMD stimulates increased research specifically in the area of migraine disorders. We are looking for projects that will help sufferers by advancing our ability to understand and treat migraine. As a result, we provide seed money grants for transformational projects that will lead to better treatment and quality of life for sufferers of migraine and migraine disorders.
While we welcome all proposals relevant to basic or clinical migraine research, we are particularly interested in translational projects and those related to migraine variants, childhood migraine, and chronic migraine.
If you are interested in applying for a grant, complete the application below. If you have any questions, call us in New York at 212-249-5402, or email us at research@MigraineResearchFoundation.org.
Guidelines for Research Proposal Submission
GRANT AWARD: A maximum of $50,000 will be awarded for each grant.
GRANT DURATION: The expected project duration is one year.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 28, 2017.
FUNDING RESTRICTIONS: All grants must be used exclusively for research and directly related research equipment. Capital expenditures, administrative costs, institutional overhead including IRB approval, publication costs and travel costs will not be funded.
REVIEW: The proposals will be reviewed by the Migraine Research Foundation’s Medical Advisory Board (MAB) in consultation with the Association of Migraine Disorders (AMD). If any member of the MAB/AMD has a conflict of interest with a particular proposal or proposer, she/he will abstain from the review process on that proposal. Once the review is complete, the MAB will advise MRF’s Board of Directors, which will make the final decision about the awarding of grants. MRF expects to notify grant recipients by the end of the year.
Please note our revised 2017 application. Due to the large number of grant requests we receive, applications must follow the required format and conform to the guidelines to be considered.
Complete the following application, using the numbers for each section:
- Project title.
- Principal Investigator contact information: name, mailing address, phone number, and email address for each PI.
- Institutional Grants Administration Officer contact information: name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
- Location(s) where the research will be conducted.
- Lay abstract. Provide a succinct lay summary of the project hypothesis. Include why it is innovative, should be considered for funding, and how it will lead to a better understanding of headache or the treatment of headache patients. (Specific aims should appear in Section 6.) 350 word limit.
- Specific Aims. Number the aims. Note that all of your designated aims will comprise the scope of the grant.
- Explain how long you think it will take to complete this project. For clinical projects, also briefly explain your plan for recruiting participants.
- Has work already begun on this line of inquiry in your lab? If yes, explain.
- Does this research duplicate other research, either in your lab or elsewhere? If yes, explain.
- Do you have any pending applications for research funding that include this project? If yes, explain.
- Your Proposal. Describe your overall research plan. Include benchmarks, endpoints, and a brief explanation of how you arrived at your sample size. Five page limit. If you include references, they will not count toward the page limit.
- Attach a detailed Budget. Note the limitations on funding described in the Guidelines.
- Attach an NIH Biosketch for the Principal Investigator(s).
Email your application to research@MigraineResearchFoundation.org using Microsoft Word or a PDF attachment. Receipt of your application will be acknowledged.
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm EDT July 28, 2017 to be considered for this round of funding.