The deadline for MRF’s 2008 Request for Proposals has passed. If you would like to be notified about upcoming RFPs, please email your contact information to [email protected].
The Migraine Research Foundation funds research that holds the promise of advancing the science of migraine medicine. We encourage researchers to apply for one of our seed money grants.
MRF is actively seeking to provide seed money grants for projects that are important, relevant, and achievable that will ultimately lead to better treatment and quality of life for migraine sufferers. Projects involving migraine and women, children, and pain are particularly encouraged, but all proposals will be considered. The basic science research should eventually be translatable into clinical advances. Truly important and fundamental clinical research will also be considered for funding.
GUIDELINES FOR RESEARCH PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
GRANT AWARD: A maximum of $50,000, including up to 10% for institutional overhead, will be awarded to each grantee.
GRANT DURATION: The expected project duration is one year, but this may be adjusted when justified in the Grant Application (below).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 2, 2008.
FUNDING RESTRICTIONS: All grants must be used exclusively for research and research equipment, not capital expenditures, administrative costs or other costs, except as expressly set forth. The grant may pay for all or a portion of the salary of the project personnel, provided the salary request is justified in the Grant Application.
FORMAT: In addition to the Grant Application itself, grant requests must also include (a) a short abstract of the project in lay terms, (b) an NIH Biosketch for the principal investigator, and (c) a detailed budget with a breakdown of costs into personnel, supplies, equipment, contractual services, and “other” lines, with a description and justification for each item.
SUBMISSION: The research proposal may be submitted by mail or email. If submitting by email, please use Microsoft Word or a .pdf file attachment.
REVIEW: The proposals will be reviewed and judged by the Migraine Research Foundation’s Medical Advisory Board (MAB). If one or more members of the MAB have a conflict of interest with a particular proposal or proposer, they will abstain from the selection and judging process on that proposal. Once the review is complete, the MAB will advise the Migraine Research Foundation’s Board of Directors, who will make the final decision about the awarding of grants.
Grant applications must include the following information:
1. Title of the research proposal.
2. Describe what you propose to study.
3. Will the research clarify or be directly applicable to matters leading to a better understanding of headache pathogenesis or the treatment of headache patients? Briefly describe how.
4. Has work already begun on this line of inquiry in your lab? If yes, please explain. If no, can this research project be completed in one year?
5. To your knowledge, does this research duplicate other research in progress or planned, either in your lab or elsewhere? If yes, please explain.
6. Is there other existing or potential funding for this proposal or any part of it? If yes, please explain.
7. Who will be the principal investigator of the proposal?
8. Where will the research be conducted?
9. Can you foresee any commercial value for the outcome of your research? If yes, please explain.
10. Have you previously submitted this line of inquiry for funding and been rejected? If yes, please explain.
Migraine Research Foundation
Attn: Research Program
300 East 75th Street, Suite 3K
New York, NY 10021